The legal process by which an owner’s right to a property is terminated, usually due to default. Typically involves a forced sale of the property at public auction, with the proceeds being applied to the mortgage debt.
Effective July 1, 2015, the Ninth Judicial Circuit, comprising Orange and Osceola Counties, will no longer have foreclosure divisions. The legislature provided funding for the foreclosure divisions through June 30, 2015. No additional funding is expected. Accordingly, the adjudication of foreclosure cases (including timeshare foreclosures) will revert to the judge assigned to the case effective July 1, 2015. Letter from Circuit Court Judge Lisa T. Munyon.
Foreclosure Trial Continuance Notification:
Any motion to continue a foreclosure trial must:
- Be heard by the judge assigned to the case.
- Be in writing signed by the party (i.e. client) seeking the continuance.
- Set forth the docket for which they will be prepared for trial.
- Be argued in person by the attorney who will try the case.
- Unless the necessity for a continuance is caused by an unforeseeable circumstance, the Motion must be scheduled for hearing during the assigned judge’s short matters prior to the scheduled trial date.
Administrative Order No. 2008-07-01 - Amended Administrative Order Governing
Telephonic Hearings In Foreclosure Cases In The Circuit Court
Administrative Order No. 2013-28 - Order Governing Case Reporting Requirements for Real Property Mortgage Foreclosure Cases
Requirement of Master Service List and Envelope
Please be advised that effective immediately on all residential foreclosures, timeshare foreclosures and HOA foreclosures in Orange County, Plaintiff’s counsel will be required to provide an updated service list, with the style of the case listed at the top, along with a set of addressed stamped envelopes for all parties at all Case Management Conferences, Lack of Prosecution Hearings, Status Hearings and Pre-Trial Conferences. The service list and envelopes shall be given to the Judicial Assistant or Foreclosure Case Manager at the time of the scheduled hearing.