Ninth Circuit Coronavirus Update: Limited Courthouse Access
In an ongoing effort to safeguard the health and wellbeing of the community, beginning tomorrow morning, March 17, 2020 through at least end of business March 27, 2020 – the Ninth Judicial Circuit will permit only the following persons to access all state courthouses in Orange and Osceola counties:
- Persons seeking injunctions for protection
- Persons permitted, with advance notice, by the Chief Judge and/or presiding judge
Many court proceedings will be heard by remote electronic means. Others will be postponed or canceled. The following have been canceled:
- All proceedings at the outlying courthouses – Apopka, Ocoee and Winter Park
- All criminal and civil traffic infractions at the Orange and Osceola County courthouses
- - All child support enforcement hearings before an enforcement hearing officer
Please contact the judicial assistant of the presiding judge for additional details.
All court staff will report to work as scheduled.
We recognize that minimized court operations have a tremendous impact on court users and will result in unintended consequences. We are working hard to mitigate this impact while placing the utmost priority on the health and safety of our community.
Please continue to follow us here or visit our website – www.ninthcircuit.org – for ongoing updates.