Inside the Courts is a free four-week class that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the court system. In addition to providing the public with an up-close examination of the workings of the judicial branch, the program also addresses some of the more frequently asked questions, such as:
- "What do Judges consider when imposing sentences?"
- "What happens to juveniles who break the law?"
- "Are all individuals who are charged with a crime eligible for bail?"
- “What is a domestic violence injunction?”
- “How many people are on death row in Florida?”
Inside the Courts is a free, four-week class taught by Ninth Circuit Judges that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the court system. The 2017 Inside the Courts program will be held on March 7, 14, 21, and 28, 2017.
The program is held from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm in the Jury Assembly Room, located in room 180 of the Orange County Courthouse.
Participants who complete at least 3 of the 4 sessions will receive a certificate of attendance.
The program varies from year to year, so everyone, including past participants, will learn new material at this year’s program.
To register for the 2017 edition of Inside the Courts, complete the online registration form at http://ocnjcc.formstack.com/forms/untitled_form4